View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #70
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I posted a new version of ScreenDim (both on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore). It has two experimental features (use at your own risk, of course) that I've been asked for.

1. Root-based dimming option. On some (not many) devices this lets you make things even dimmer. For instance, it helps on my Nexus 7 (newer model). Moreover, root-based dimming is probably more resistant to apps overriding brightness. The old method is still the default, and root is NOT needed for ScreenDim, but one or two users requested this function.

2. Activate on boot. For years, people have been asking me for this feature. I didn't want to include it, because I was afraid that someone would set the brightness so low the screen would disappear completely, and then be unable to restore things on boot. Finally, I got around this problem by setting things up so that ScreenDim does not activate if the device is upside-down while booting. So if you set the screen too low to see, just boot with the device lying upside down.

To activate the options, press ..., then Settings.

Last edited by pruss; 12-30-2014 at 11:52 AM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote