Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
At the same time I unzip my ePub to create a new uuid (anecdotic) I use my AHK_L script to:
  • Delete the HTML file that contains the cover image
  • Delete reference to this file if it was included in the TOC Html file
  • Include the meta name="cover" in the OPF Metadata section
  • Check if it exists, if not, I create <item href of my cover image in the OPF manifest
  • delete the reference to the html cover page in the OPF Manifest section
  • delete the reference to the html cover page in the OPF guide section
  • Remove the navpoint related to the html cover page in the NCX navmap
  • As this navmap was playorder 1, the script also renumber the other navmaps starting with 1
  • Optionnaly create a new NCX with only the chapters headings (reduced navmap without nested subchapters)
  • Replace the epub css by 1 mobi.css with Amazon Media Queries
  • Modify all HTML files to make reference to the new css file
  • Run kindlegen OPF
  • Launch Kindle Previewer
Wow!
Quote:
Include the meta name="cover" in the OPF Metadata section
Why not just have it there in the first place?
Quote:
As this navmap was playorder 1, the script also renumber the other navmaps starting with 1
Not really necessary, but OK.
Quote:
Optionnaly create a new NCX with only the chapters headings (reduced navmap without nested subchapters)
Why? Amazon encourages nested ToCs.
Quote:
Modify all HTML files to make reference to the new css file
Why not just change the name of one css file to match the name already referenced in many html files? Or have one master css file referenced in all html files and then use easily changeable @import statements to pull in the directives for whichever version (epub or kindle) you're currently working with?

The one referenced CSS file in almost 100% of my xhtml files looks like this:
Code:
@import url(../Styles/epub.css);
/* @import url(../Styles/mobi.css) amzn-mobi;
@import url(../Styles/kf8.css) amzn-kf8; */
I just comment out the first line and uncomment the next two come kindle time.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-05-2013 at 03:21 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote