View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #54
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
I've read two books that made mention of Portland, OR. One of them had a chapter or so set here. I was so delighted that the author had obviously either been here or done extensive research. The author nailed the climate, the surroundings, and the culture of the city. I kept showing passages to friends who were equally delighted.

The other has a minor side character that supposedly lives in Portland, OR. Unfortunately, that author has a mistaken impression that the entire US west coast is like Los Angeles. It was so jarring that I had to put down the book more than once. I find this especially disappointing because I otherwise enjoyed the books. This is an alternate reality in this series, so I keep trying to tell myself that it's not MY Portland. It's still very disturbing.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote