View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtro View Post
Any "open" e-book readers without forced account system or similar? I just want to be able to buy the reader, unbox it and sideload books without the need to register an account or use the manufacturers proprietary software.
I would say that a Kindle is not the best choice for what you want. The best choice is a reader that handles ePub. ePub (without DRM) is an open format.

My suggestion is a Sony Reader PRS-T2. It's a lot more open then a Kindle. As you can see from another post that when you don't register a Kindle, you do lose access to some of the features.

I have a Sony Reader PRS-650 and it has never once been registered to handle eBooks with DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote