View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyzdead View Post
The trouble is that Calibre is written in Python, possibly the least-efficient "programming "language there is. On my Windows 7 Toshiba laptop, Calibre is using almost 500 MB of RAM. There are 4 Calibre-parallels running and 4 Conhosts as well. This is the biggest piece of bloatware I've ever seen. And all it is doing is loading a few thousand books. It has been going for over an hour now and is just halfway through. So how many days is it going to take it to convert these PDFs into ePubs? Python is for script-kiddies, not serious programming.
So! 500M? that is 1/6 of the installed RAM that my W7 Toshiba came with.
W7 itself, uses more than 500M

You can READ all those book in A DAY? (IMHO the only reason you would need to convert them all at once. in which case it would have been better to by a device that supported viewing PDF's.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote