Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #22
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
How doe the Kobo Mini compare to your PRS-350?

I quite like my 350, but I'm kind of wishing I hadn't bought it and waited for a while and got the Mini instead.....
I have zero complaints with the 350 but I like the Mini better so far. (it was an impulse buy).

It is slightly smaller and lighter. Black flash only every 6th page although the flash never bothered me. Changing fonts and line height ability on the fly is a great feature. Screen does actually seem fingerprint resistant.

Page turns seem faster but I have experienced the occasional 2-3 second freeze followed by a double page turn which never happened on the 350. So it is not perfect.

My roommate, who has a T1 and a 350, looked at it briefly and said it seems easier to read. Not quite sure why, but it does.

I would not regret the 350 though. Reliable, sturdy and with a very good screen, plus I still love the alphabetical index for collections etc.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote