View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #30
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
As I understand it, some hackers figured out how to turn the Kindles with 3G into a wifi hot spot and where using the Kindle for just that purpose. They probably cost Amazon a ton cash and Amazon decided to restrict the access to the 3G. It sucks for people who used the 3G honestly but it is not too surprising.

I would be surprised if Kobo became the market leader for e-readers. They will pick up speed and could become the EPub leader, that depends on what BN does about going international. Amazon has a nice market built and has developed a strong reputation. I can see the playing field leveling between Kobo and Kindle, more at the expense of Sony internationally and possibly Nook in the US.

Right now, Kobo has a nice device that still seems to be less reliable then the Kindle, Sony, and Nook. It has fewer features then then other three. Yet it is priced the same. There are plenty of folks in the US who will turn to the Nook before the Kobo for that reason.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote