View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
I just got one of the ~$100 android tablets. The main use for it is going to be as a remote control for my dvr. However, I am also still trying to pick which ereader device to buy. So I figured I would also use it as an ereader for now and try out the various stores and such with it at least since I see a number of places saying they have android apps available.

How do I get them though? I tried Amazon, Barnes and Nobels, Alkido, and Kobo so far. All of them say to get it from market place or to scan some bar code. Neither of these is an option for me. From what I gather the bar code scanning may just be a shortcut tot he market place anyway. I need the direct downloads for the .apk files (I think that is the right suffix). Seems odd no one is providing the direct download links. How do I find them?
I couldn't find the nook app either, probably due to regional restrictions (Germany).
I've downloaded the app "bn.ereader_v2.2.apk" from here: http://m.box.net/view_shared/93t5vc7np8
Kindle app I did find in the market though. Selling "international Kindles" (as opposed to the still "US only" nook), this makes sense of course. I found the Kobo app as well in the market.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote