View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #14
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
eeeink:

Just got home and tested both my Surface Pro and my desktop PC (don't remember where I put the Surface Book) using my little USB tester.

Long story short: what didn't work in Bermuda now works OK at home in NYC. the only difference is that maybe the Boox Note 10.3 is almost fully charged.

Anyway, the tester is USB-A (which I had forgotten) so I had to use a USB-A to USB-C adapter to be able to use it (the same thing I did in Bermuda, using the same adapter and the same cable).

Here are the results:

USB Safety Tester J7-t

In PC front panel - USB-A 3.1
4.98v
0.13A
0.64W
0.51Wh
14:30 sec
10.91 Ohms

Surface Pro - USB-A 3.1
5.03v
0.50A
2.26W
0.48Wh
12:53 sec
10.23 Ohms

As you can see, there is no huge difference except for the wattage but, that's only because of the difference in amperage.

I wish I could help with your Mac but I don't own any "i" stuff.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote