View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
I didn't notice any problem with the list of authors on the device before, I will pay more attention to the books with multiple authors in the future.
What is the difference between your plugboard and the default?
There is no default metadata plugboard. What you had above looks like the file save template. These are used for two very different purposes.

The file save template is used to name the book file when it is put on the device. It can add directories and use parts of the metadata. In one way, Kobo devices don't use the file name. The import the metadata from the book when it is first seen on the device and what you see is that metadata. The file name will only be used if the book has no metadata. The file name is used internally, but not exposed to to the user.

The metadata plugboard is used when calibre sends a book to the device. The metadata in the book is updated during the send. The metadata plugboard allows the metadata to be tweaked. As I think I said above, adding the series info to the title is a popular plugboard. And fiddling with the author is also popular to get sorting on the devices working better.

I have had a very quick look at the logs you sent. For the example book, I can see:

Code:
Title               : La lignée
Title sort          : lignée, La
Author(s)           : Guillermo Del Toro [Toro, Guillermo Del & Hogan, Chuck]
I can see two issues with that. The title has unicode characters in it. These probably display correctly, but might fail comparisons to whatever is in the calibre library. I will have to do some experiments on this.

The other problem is the author. What is in the calibre library for the author? The match looks like it is using "Guillermo Del Toro". So, I'm not sure if it is the author or the title that is the problem.

Could you send me a copy of the book? Don't post it as it will the break copyright rules. Though I only need the shell, so stripping the text and sending that would be OK. And I'd also like to see the OPF file from the library. With those files, I should be able to reconstruct this for testing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote