View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't have a Kindle I'm afraid but I have attached a screenshot of what a BRISS-cropped version of your samplescript.pdf looks like on my 6" Sony PRS-505 (in landscape mode).

The biggest problem I had with it was not the font-size but that the Courier font in the PDF looks very wishy-washy on my reader. The attached screenshot looks better than it does in real life. It would probably look better if the pdf contained bold Courier but having read a bit of your pdf, apparently that's not allowed. As you have a Kindle 3 with the new-improved screen it might be better for you.

The benefits of BRISS etc are that the page layouts will be preserved exactly as long as you don't try to reflow it.

I'm not really sure what options you have other than cropping unless you buy a reader with a much bigger screen such as a Kindle DX or an iPad, but I've never used either of them myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	script_scshot.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	59692  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote