View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #47
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, I've never been a fan of hardcovers and almost never bought them, except non-fiction books with large color photos. Hardcovers are hellishly uncomfortable to read, imho.

So yep, a tablet weighing 500 grams or even 300 grams is way too heavy.
Lol, same. I've never been a fan of hardcovers, except for them looking pretty on the bookshelves. I have books where I have the HC only read once (immediately upon release) then later repurchased as MMPB or TPB for frequent re-reading.

That said, I do enjoy reading on my iPads although I usually have them propped against a pillow or some other stand. The 9.7" (4:3, 437g) model is roughly equivalent to 2x 7.0" (2:3) side by side.

Choice of reading device pretty much depends on what book is available where. If the book is already on the PW3, I'd read there. The tablet is really useful if the book I wish to read needs to first be processed (de-drm, conversion, etc) before I can transfer it to the Kindle.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote