View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Makes sense, I think that is what happened in my case.my order history showed the original purchase.

I was surprised they do not store any usage, login activity for kindles and there is nothing like a find my device app that you can have on a phone
Kindles can't run apps, and even if that were possible, Amazon won't get involved in trying to find and return a stolen device. The Fires do have a "find" option, or at least some do. But it's more for finding the Fire in your home and setting off an alarm so you can locate it.

Amazon of course has info that links the buyer with the device...the serial number springs to mind. We used to tell users to make a note of the device serial numbers in case a device goes missing and has been reset to factory, which removes it from Content & Devices. It could still be blacklisted unless already registered to another account, but you need to know the serial number.

But if a missing device has already been registered to another account, Amazon can't/won't do anything.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote