View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #91
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@aceflor: It's probably best to overwrite the diags partition and kernel using "known good" versions, but that's only the second step. As a first step, please do the following (again, from SSH):

Code:
tar czvf /mnt/us/aceflor-etc.tgz /etc/
then logout from SSH (Press Ctrl+D), disable usb network (";un"), unplug and replug the kindle, and upload the aceflor-etc.tgz somewhere (for instance on hotfile.com, or wherever you please). Then send me the link via PM (don't post it here).

I'm mostly interested to see why/how your machine is mounting the diags partition on boot, and those files will hopefully allow me to find that out.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote