View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #40
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The real question is what will make it out the door as a production product. Nobody in the VC world wants to invest in display technology. E-ink made it out the door by building a small plant themselves to get product out commercially. Pixel-Q has been working out getting production product out the door for nearly 2 years, and that was after the product had been shown to work in the OLPC project. I listened to a conference panel at SID this spring. They all pointed out this problem. Will Liquidvista, Mirasol, et at. actually make it out the production door. Until they do, we're stuck with E-ink, LCD, and Pixel-Q. They each have their pluses and minuses.
Just thought I'd be helpful, it's called Pixel Qi (pronounced chee). Pixel Qi has fab access (I do not believe they own it), and Qualcomm Mirasol has a dedicated gen 4.5 production fab in Taiwan. Liquavista I believe recently set up a fab in China, and is being backed by Philips and other investors, along with a partnership with Plastic Logic. They're all commercially viable options. Mirasol has the best brand marketing behind it currently, while Pixel Qi is a gadget nerd favorite, though much less established and with weaker presentation (most public knowledge of it is from Charbax's interview videos and some low-quality snapshots of a prototype)

Last edited by LDBoblo; 12-31-2009 at 11:21 AM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote