Thread: Calibre2Web
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Cool, I look forward to the python version.
I hope so

I finally have a Windows based Calibre development system up and running so I can work on that. I put the VBScript based version out early to try and get initial user feedback on what it does to see if others have the same need or whether they are after something different.

At the moment I am torn between trying to get the functionality up and running in a free-standing program, or whether to try and integrate it from the outset into the Calibre web server. I am leaning towards it being a free-standing program as I would find that easier to develop initially, although I would use many of the DB access routines already used by Calibre which should help protect from future database changes (if any). Do you have any strong views?

Another advantage as I see it from getting it running as a free-standing program would be that it could be run as a CGI program directly on the web server (as long as it supported python). It should not need any UI components.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote