View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #176
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Using version 8.
I'm experiencing the same circumstances as Askyn. To access the web, I first have to access the "online bookshelf". Following that, I must press Menu > Update_Now (pressing "Bookstore" creates an infinite search state). If if just go to the menu bar without first accessing my bookshelf, the reader goes into an infinite search for connection regardless of whether I press "Bookstore" or "Update Now." Apparently, the "Update Now" button only works if the reader is already connected to the server.
I just experienced this on my EBW1150!

After the 'Online Bookshelf' tab is tapped, I could not use the 'Bookstore' menu item (infinite searching...). The only thing that worked was the 'Update Now' menu item. Exactly like above!

To fix this, I changed the reader's Phone Connection settings to not 'Use HTTP proxy' nor 'Use proxy for USB'. Then I connected to the bookshelf and let my reader 'call home' (the ETI servers). I explorered the choices there a bit and then returned to my original reader Phone Connection settings (checked those two choices again).

Now, everything works "as advertised"!

I attach before and after logs to see the different situations.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote