View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
As I said before: If you wish to be sure of being able to support yourself with a profession, you have to choose a profession that produces stuff that people need (= provide products or services that people *must* buy, or they're in trouble), not stuff that you must hope that people want and are willing to spend some money on.

I'm not saying I like that, but this is the way it has been for a long time.

There is not a lot of middle ground in the arts; either you don't earn enough to support yourself (or just enough to barely support yourself), or you are world famous and are earning money by the millions.

It's the same for photographers; most of them support themselves by photographing stuff that others need them to take pictures of: weddings, products, whatever. Very few photographers can live off something like street or landscape photography. (The ones that can, are almost certainly famous to some extent.)
Like Ansel Adams.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote