View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #54
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Not really "impatience"... but this particular OS update has a major impact on how e-books are displayed on Android devices, so I was wondering. Being able to consistently get rid of the 3 Android buttons in Moon+ Reader is a big deal; currently this only works when flipping pages with the volume button, but having to do that = being unable to touch the screen is often inconvenient. Screen real estate matters a lot.
I don't think immersion is as big a deal on devices with 7" or larger screens. It certainly won't make a big difference with text-based books in Moon+ or Mantano on devices of that size for me. For PDF's it's a more significant enhancement, however.

That's because both those apps already hide the android buttons and top nav bar in reading mode -- at least on my Nooks. Those areas just go to plain black when reading. Are your settings incorrect? Do you have "Full Screen Mode" in settings checked?

I can imagine the only difference with immersion on a device with a 7" or larger screen will be about .5" extra in the page size ... but as I said, on devices of that size, that is pretty insignificant.

Quote:
That "immersive mode" is already available in Moon+ in earlier Android versions, as long as you flip the pages with the volume button only -- it's just too inconvenient. Also, you then need to tap the screen twice to get to see Moon's toolbar -- whereas in KitKat, it should only be a single tap on the screen; that will definitely be nice and time-saving.
No, on my devices the view using the volume buttons is the same as when you tap or swipe the pages. Also, you DON'T need to tap the screen twice on my device to see the Moon's toolbar. I only have to tap it once.

As I said, check your settings.

I think what you're complaining about that you don't have, you might have had all along.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote