View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Actually, my other biggest bug is the long paragraph thing. Very often I get only half a page of text because the text is part of a long paragraph, and there's something with some widow&orphans-setting that prevents the reader from filling out the display with all the text of the paragraph, for some obscure reason.
It's very annoying.

I think there's some workaround (by converting your file from epub to epub in Calibre and ticking one specific setting in Calibre), but I've forgotten what it was and it's not easy to find on this forum. And besides, it's rather a hassle to have to convert all your books before you put them on the device.
The long paragraph splitting bug has nothing to do with widows and orphans settings. Set widows and orphans how you please and the long paragraphs will still split. Playing with margins and font size helps but then, for me, the text gets unreadable.

What the default widows and orphans setting will do is attempt to prevent a single line being left at the top or bottom of a page.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote