View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #364
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_daemon View Post
- - - - -
The flashing completed successfully, it boots up (screen flashes, loading screen appears, but the progress bar stops again at 20%).
- - - - -
I'm thinking to connect to the serial port, to check the kernel debug output. Maybe there i can do something.
- - - - -
Isn't there a way to write the kernel log to the SD partition to check it later (I can get to the debug menu, where I can mount the internal SD and it's visible from windows).
1) Which is where it typically stops when it checks if the battery's storage capacity is enough to run it.
Buy it a new battery. -- The step your Uncle missed.
(It wasn't "drained" but it certainly had aged before you got it.)

2) That would be a good idea, the kernel's ring buffer will have the battery info in it.
And anything else that might be blocking the boot-up process.
Also, there is a chance it is waiting for input on the serial port to confirm that it should continue the boot process under whatever condition it is finding.

3) In "Debug mode" on a K3 - you are running the Linux kernel with only different init scripting. (K3 does not have "main" and "debug" systems - just different init scripting).
One of the differences - -
It does not check the battery storage capacity nor set-up the battery management hardware the same.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote