View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
I think writers write series for the simple reason that readers read (and thus demand) series.

And I think readers demand series simply because most humans are wired up that way (with some exceptions that maybe become literature professors or critics).
We are wired up to like a story and we like reading about new adventures and yet it seems there is also a need for familiarity to exist and persist.

Series give us that. Familiar characters, themes and milieu allow us to comfortably embrace new adventures.
I don't think this is a bad or good fact in itself, it is just the way we are.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote