View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #15530
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
....ah, yes, that would go back to Victor Appleton (the first).

I was able to pick up a few of the old, turn-of-the-[last!]-century Tom Swift titles and was amused by some of the titles.

Anyway [he ejaculated], I'm outta here!

Don
I collect turn of the 20th century children's books, and have a complete set of the original "Tom Swift" books. They are among my favourites, although naturally they do reflect the cultural norms of the time, which can come across as offensive today. Eg, one of the regular characters in the books is a black man who speaks like a caricature, calling Tom "Massa Tom", and so on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote