View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhytte View Post
Using Calibre 0.8.66 Portable and just upgraded to 0.8.67 portable

Hi there,

I'm new to this program and I have a problem of duplicate book files such as "unknown" in so many "unknown" folders after I change the author name from unknown to a specific one or change the author name from a wrong one to a new one.

Is there any steps I have done wrong doing so therefore I ended up so many folders like "unknown" or something else where the duplicate book files exist?

Or I cannot find a proper way to get rid off these "orphan" folders if there is a method for that since the program itself should not have duplicated them in the first place

I have the following ultimate questions:

1) How can I safely remove the "orphan" folders and its duplicate books without damaging or deleting the original copies of the books?

2) How can I make sure it doesn't happen again in future author name changes?

3) I need a "find duplicates" plugin also searches orphan folders and get rid off them with their contents safely as the current "find duplicates" plugin doesn't handle them. Any suggestions please?

Kind Regards

Kimberley
Read this sticky for why you should not be doing it 'your way'
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
Unknown is what you get when you have no Author set in the Library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote