View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
- What format do you start with? Text (with the PG-unique markup)? HTML? ePub?
If there is a hand-made HTML, I generally use that. Otherwise I choose the plain text version (in utf8 or latin1 encoding if available).

Quote:
- Do you have a standard CSS file that you use? Mind sharing it?
Sort of. I copy a CSS from one of my most recent projects (or another book from the same "series") and then add or remove things are needed. The CSS files I use can be found in any of the books I've uploaded (e.g. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer).

Quote:
- What tools do you use? Notepad++? Sigil?
vim, but I'm a nitpicker.

Quote:
- How hard do you work on collecting, editing, enhancing images?
I try to find a good scan in The Internet Archive, download the raw image files, rotate and crop the illustrations, remove the speckles and make sure the background is pure white (for black and white illustrations). Then I resize all illustrations by the same factor.

Quote:
- Do you use images of an original to work from?
Sometimes. If I don't find a good scan online and I have an original I can scan.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote