View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Whether specs matter or not depends not only on the device, but on the users as well. Basing reviews on specs may not make a lot of sense, if that's all there is to it, but to leave them out makes even less sense, and the reason it makes less sense is because the user base doesn't spend evenly. The casual market, who doesn't care about specs, they buy their Kindle and they buy a new one when they need a new one.

However, the ones who do care about specs are also the ones who ditch their current gadget to buy a new one when one with a more powerful CPU comes out. They spend more, and they spend more often, and if you write reviews for that demographic, specs are essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Like I've said before on some other places... Why buy a car that goes 400 MPH when the speed limit in your state is 20-75?
Who obeys the speed limit? Translating your car question back to electronics, that is a very good reason to buy a devices with higher specs. Who cares how a tablet does what it was built to do? I want to know what it can do. Reading the specs and compare them to other similar devices is often the only way to discover that.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote