View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I completely disagree with Mr. Card's views on these issues, but I would 100% support his right to have the freedom of speech to say them. Perhaps he is a bigot, but he has the right to be one.
I agree with this in principle. The problem is: although Mr. Card doesn't seem to mind writing bigoted stories, he gets very defensive about it when called to the table over it.

So while I agree that he's free to write it. He should also recognize everyone's right to criticize him for doing so... which he currently doesn't seem willing to do.

If you're going to do it... you should own it.