View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #67
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I want to raise another issue about endnotes. It's nice that the links work, and that you can go back to the page you were reading, although I would prefer that it was only one tap instead of two to go back. But in the book I'm reading, the links to endnotes in the text are teeny tiny little asterisks that are virtually impossible to select by finger on a touch screen. If I do manage to select the endnote link correctly, it works - but I can manage it about one time in 10. The rest of the time my tap either turns the page or calls up the page bottom menu.

I would guess that this problem is partly due to publishers not having had a chance to consider the implications of touch-screen e-readers compared to cursoring through the page directly from one endnote marker to another by button presses. They could make the endnote links bigger. But until then, is there something that could be done in the firmware to make this more practical?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote