View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebook_novice View Post

The main thing the reader is for is fiction, with PDF being a second (although a close second). And with being a second, the price difference between the iLiad and the others becomes larger. Does anybody know how well the Cybook or the Sony reader go in viewing PDFs, are they good, passable or not good?
They are fine when reading PDFs correctly formatted for the 6" screen size of the device. They are pretty bad when reading A4/Letter sized PDFs - pretty obvious given the fact that they have a screen which has approximately 1/6th the area of an A4 sheet.

Quote:
Also the other readers of the CyBook and the Sony reader, they say they take mobipocket format ebooks. Does this mean that any ebook store online that says a book is in mobipocket format can be used and read on these devices. When i was looking up the Sony reader i thought it said that the only books that could be read on it were from the sony online bookshop and then the bookshop said was only downloadable in the US. though i may be wrong
The CyBook supports MobiPocket; the Sony does not.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote