View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
First-time PocketBook IQ 701 user question list

Hi,

I just got my first ebook reader ever, and its a PocketBook IQ 701. So far, my first impressions are excellent, though I wish the screen was a tad brighter. I do have a bunch a basic questions which I would like to ask about this device:

1) Under DevTools I have a terminal emulator. How do I type in it? I tapped all over the screen, tried different buttons, and nothing seems to work. How do I enter commands? Also, is that a Bash terminal? If not, can I install Bash?

2) The OI file manager is less than stellar, can you recommend a more powerful one?

3) Though I absolutely love the device, I totally hate the welcome screen and, even more so, the Bookland applet. Can I book into an empty wallpaper screen and can I at least get rid of the Bookland applet on the home screen? Is there a way of booting into the EMPTY desktop and not get this horrible-looking homescreen?

4) Speaking of the wallpapered desktop (once the homescreen is pushed aside), I figured out how do I add and remove shortcut icons on it.

5) where could I get the following applications for my PB: Xchat, Zenmap, Pidgin?

6) What dictionary formats does the PB IQ 701 use? Can I just add any of my own dictionaries (in bgl, lsd, dict, dsl formats)

Many thanks for any pointers!!

Farhad
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote