View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:31 AM   #46
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboNo View Post
Prior to and during Kobo’s launch we have seen on their Web site and in stores an advertisement for a feature to not only read books but also to read newspapers and magazines. If there are users on these forums that don’t care for their money and don’t care if they are given the features that they buy, then by all means go out and buy yourself another device-of-the-month.
If I even recall so far, I would say I couldn't read magazine on this
small device. Marqueting is not what I trully believe. I also do not
believe that format, intended for printing, could be reflowed for
6 inch screen. Finally, when I got my reader, it was a lot cheaper
than big irons.

Quote:
Hi Amazon. Hello Barnes & Noble. Good day Sony.
I think the same if it suits me. So far, kobo stays over the water line.

Quote:
Lastly, as a professor of software engineering I will be putting together a very interesting case on Kobo as an example to my students.
Hm. Simply don't. Someone might call you kindle fanboy. I agree that
developer guys are loosing the time mark, that they missed features
I liked, that their focus is on the new device... True. Also for k3. They
will not listen to your wish, but will upgrade you via wifi without a
question. Here it is, little user. Fear not. We think for you. Shortly, we
all knew what the reader was and we accepted it. With all missing
stuff and not responding service. They never answer my mails, but
I ponder it a lot better. Nothing stops me from having both kobo and
k3 at the same time.
There is a fine book on embedded linux from O'Reilly.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote