View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever View Post
Hellow

Why amazon selling the best e-reader for the lowest price? backround?
A combination of getting into the market relatively early, having a great deal of purchasing power (negotiating lower prices for components) and a large customer base to sell to (larger volume also means lower prices) and making a real commitment to e-books, including paying people to spend a lot of time and sweat designing a well-made, easy to use e-book reader that would connect seamlessly to their store. The price war with Nook probably helped to force Kindle prices down farther, faster, than they otherwise would have gone. Getting started early and having money to spend on the design team meant Amazon had the capability to make several redesigns with improved features.

Quote:
Is Amazon collecting data about the users and sending it via kindle?

I think, they do. Because your e-reader is connected 24/7 with the internet..
If you don't like having a reader that is connected to the internet, it's easy to turn the Kindle's connection off. I leave mine off most of the time because the 3G drains the battery pretty quickly.

Quote:
Is amazon doing this, to analyze & study the behavior of readers all over the world ? What and when they read ?
They analyze their customer's behavior by analyzing buying patterns. If they were really analyzing my reading I wouldn't be getting all these recommendations for religious crud just because I buy occasional presents for my in-laws.

Quote:
Why amazon can and did delete Ebooks remote on the kindle?
like the ebook "George Orwells - 1984 or animal farm"

Did you hear it? A while ago amazon deleted 2 allready buyd and downloaded ebooks from the kindle without even warning the users.
We're a large group of people passionately interested in e-books, e-book readers, copyright issues, digital rights management, and privacy. In other words, yes, we heard. Anyone at mobileread who missed out on that was either on vacation or dead that month.

Quote:
Is there a way to disable the whispernet or Wi-Fi Connection?
(Normal Way or maybe even some Hacks or other things)
Yes, as previously noted, K1s have a hardware switch and K2s have a menu option that turns off the 3G internet connection. K3s can also turn Whispernet (both WiFi and 3G) off.

I hope this helps. If you are seriously uncomfortable with a reader that connects to the internet you might be happier with one of the fine readers made by Astak. There's a forum here for them; you should check that out.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote