View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT-Man View Post
I have a bizarre problem with the Sony Reader software -- wondering if anyone's encountered it before. It worked fine for a few days, and now the left part of the window, which you use to select your Library or device, etc. is now missing. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it to display again.

This makes the software impossible to use. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling (even with revo uninstaller, to make sure I got any registry entries) and the problem is still there. I'm using Windows 7, and the latest version of the Reader software direct off the Sony website.

Any ideas? Is there a very simple way to get the left pane back, and I'm just missing it?

I'm using Calibre as a workaround, but Calibre doesn't seem to send PDFs to the device properly (for that I have to use Sony Reader running on another computer, which is annoying).
I've had a problem with similarities. Sometimes when I sync my reader with the Sony Reader Library (SRL) everything in the left pane disappears for a time during the syncing process but it eventually returns. The pane itself doesn't disappear, just the pane's contents.

One thing to try is to see if the right side of the pane has been dragged completely to the left edge of the screen. Move your cursor to the left edge of the screen and see if the cursor changes, if it does, drag left edge of the pane over.

Also, I've thought about using Calibre instead of the SRL. I use PDF as my preferred ebook format and I was wondering what problem(s) you were having with Calibre putting PDFs on your ereader.

I hope this helps, and thanks in advance.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote