Thread: Wikidata GUI
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
compurandom
Evangelist
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo aura h2o
I'll keep this message up to date with status of unimplemented features.

I've added support for importing series information.
This now supports all the metadata the metadata plugin supports, except this can import *two* series into a book if you create a custom column for it.

The default settings are really intended as examples, but if anyone thinks I should include more, let me know.

The next features I'm considering are:
  • Improve and clean up book import dialog. (Suggestions welcome!)
  • Book import future features: update books missing series info in matched books; import books not listed as in series, but having next/previous links (red links); generate indexes for books with no wikidata series index from next/previous book links
  • Handle books with multiple editions: pull metadata and pubdate from parent editions and multivalue pubdates; search forward and back for gutenberg editions
  • Advanced metadata merging for multivalue entries: replace overwrite column with a function: replace / if empty / min / max /average? / append? / other? (this would fix several bugs)
  • Merge our custom identifier handler with the calibre ID handler in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details->Create rules to convert identifiers into links (this is probably mostly cosmetic to the user but would preserve identifiers independent from this plugin)
  • add special handler for URL type properties (wrap in html, wrap in markdown, or insert as identifier uri/url/urn or try to xlate url to id)

If Any of these interest you or you want some other feature, discuss it below and help me prioritize implementation...

Last edited by compurandom; 03-15-2019 at 07:33 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote