View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Using a Kobo Glo HD, KSM 9 seems to mostly work, but:

* after the first start (immediately after installation of KSM) rmc didn't work because my wpa_supplicant.conf was wiped and I couldn't connect to my wifi SSID (resulting in no known networks in koreader and nickel respectively, too - I always have a copy of wpa_supplicant.conf on my user partition so I just copied it to /etc/wpa_supplicant and everything works again)

* wifi is on after reboot but IP is not shown (I can connect via browser because I know that my Kobo Glo HD always gets the same IP address assigned (not one starting with 10.x.x.x), however, even if I'm still connected via the webinterface nickel starts after a few seconds)

* I'm frequently switching between nickel and KSM using the exit_nickel icon in nickel and "start nickel" in KSM, however, from time to time, it seems that nickel is started without fmon because I can't use exit_nickel to switch back

Adding wget is nice (I always had another copy in a separate folder (+ some other useful binaries) to allow my scripts to download from nextcloud/owncloud), however, do you think it would make sense to use a more generic name for the folder such as 'bin' where additional binaries could be added in the future?

BTW, thanks for your awesome work! It makes playing around with a Kobo so much more fun....
taos is offline   Reply With Quote