View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelyne View Post
It was a good point about how much easier it is to turn a page. I had almost forgotten how inconvenient a paper book is, because it requires two hands to turn a page

Another good point (that I just thought of). It's pretty impossible to put a paperback down while keeping it open to a particular page. (unless you break the spine, gasp!). So it's nearly impossible to try to read while eating, unless it's hand food I always read while eating. With the reader, I just prop it up against anything convenient and read away, using the tip of a finger to turn the page.

Another great feature, you never have to hunt around for something to hold your page, or loose your place.
When I was in university we had "the fifth food group" which was things you could eat with one hand while studying.

Plus if you're reading a very large book it can really get tiring for your hands after awhile. The paperback I'm reading right now is over 1000 pages. I have to prop it up on a pillow on my lap. The cat is not amused.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote