View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Anyone here read The Rook by Daniel O'Malley? It's been recommended to me by a friend (disclaimer: said friend's girlfriend is a friend of the author). Seems to be quite a few good reviews around the net, but I'd be interested in hearing what other people liked or didn't like about it. My library has 9 people on the waitlist ahead of me, but there are loads of copies so I should get it in about a month. My friend's copy is doing the rounds in another state.
Are you currently in Antartica?

I'd be curious to know, in an ad hoc way, what your fellow compatriots take to read with them whilst there.

Do you all use ereaders? I guess there's also a paper library - with books people have read and left in the library?

I guess also that using the internet is not a problem, and that 'isolation' has been addressed somewhat by internet usage?

Good for you by the way ..... intriguing way to earn a living.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote