View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #35
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I just want to officially state that there is absolutely no link between my problems and the Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini driver for Calibre.

The driver works perfectly and was not the cause of my problems.

After I got my Touch working (7 hours total now), I retraced my steps that I thought caused the problems last night, but nothing happened. All is well.

I did find one oddity though. I'll include all my steps from after I got the Touch fixed in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

NB. 1. "Disconnecting" always means ejecting from calibre, then unplugging from computer; "Kobo" or "device" means "Kobo Touch" with 2.0.0 firmware; 3. I'm using a MacBook Air running OS 10.7.5 with Calibre 0.9.2

- Connected Kobo Touch
- Deleted all sideloaded books that calibre could see from calibre.
- Disconnected, processed content.
- On Kobo, deleted all sideloaded books calibre didn't see (weird)
- Synced Kobo via Wifi
- Attached Kobo to computer
- Sent one book from calibre to kobo
- Disconnected and processed content
- Book was fine
- Reconneced to calibre
- Sent 7 books from one series to the kobo
- Disconnected, processed content
- Books were fine and included the series info in the titles as per my settings in the calibre kobo driver
- Reconnected to calibre
- Calibre did not recognise that the 7 books were the same as the books I had just sent
Elaboration: the books did appear in the device library with the titles including the series and series number, but calibre didn't show the "on device" check mark next to those books in the calibre library. Odd, because the same formatting was used on the first book that was sent (also a book from a series, though a different series), and that does show a check mark for "on device" in the calibre library. The first book does not show the series information in its title in the device library of calibre.
- Disconnected without doing anything
- Books still on device.

- Synced Kobo via wifi.
- Reconnected to calibre
- Calibre suddenly does recognise the 7 series books properly
Elaboration: the 7 books show a check mark in "on device" within the Calibre library.
- In the Device library in calibre, the titles of the 7 series books changed to exclude the series letters and number.

- Disconnected without changing anything
- Checked library on the Kobo: series info is present in titles.

To retrace my steps from last night when things went wrong:
- Reconnected to calibre
- Deleted the 7 series books from calibre
- Deleted all the Kobo welcome and guide books from calibre
- Disconnected and processed content
- Did a wifi sync from the Kobo
- Reconnected to calibre
- Everything looked fine
- Checked Kobo disk with Disk utility
- No problems at all
- Everything perfect.

Update: there is one difference between the above success and last night's catastrophe: I'm using firmware 2.0.0 now, while last night I was on 2.1.1. So 2.0.0 works fine with the driver, 2.1.1 I can't say anything about.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 10-11-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote