View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Shows you how much I know about Music publishing
Exact same thoughts I had. I was having a tough time knowing exactly what waschtl meant, and a quick search of "guitar tabs" in Google Images showed images of pages full of notes + lyrics. I was instantly going to link the SVG musical notes topic/discussion a while back.

That "individual images" solution in Post #2 sounded absolutely dreadful though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
another approach is to go to ultimate guitar tabs, choose a chords arrangement, chosoe print version, inspect html source in browser . e.g. I see this , but I don't get how those spans are preserving the alignments :
view-source:http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/ar...espect_crd.htm
The entire thing is wrapped in a <pre></pre>:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_pre.asp

This means that the text appears in a fixed-width font, and all of the odd spacing they placed in the code stays exactly the same.

If the device becomes too narrow, and/or the font size becomes too large, the text will go off the edge of the screen though. You may be able to use this CSS to help the <pre> text wrap:

Code:
pre{
    white-space: pre-wrap;
}
This <pre> "solution" does not keep the notes/words together though. Once the lines start wrapping, everything breaks apart and becomes impossible to read. You lose track of which note goes with which word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waschtl View Post
[...] there's always one line with chords above one line with text, then an empty line and starting over. So what I need is to align the line of chords to the exact word or even letters of the word in the next line.
Seems like someone on Stack Exchange asked this same exact question as your initial post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ove-the-lyrics

Don't know how well this would work on actual devices (especially if the users can fiddle around with line-heights). But it may help you get started on the right track.

Are you just trying to create this MOBI copy for yourself? Or are you planning on distributing this anywhere?

I fear that this sort of book may just be one of those subsets that are not well-suited for EPUB/MOBI, and would be better suited as PDF/physical books. Although maybe I am wrong. Maybe there are some fantastic music EPUBs out there.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 08-07-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote