View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 03:09 AM   #31129
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
She doesn't have a pneumonia, she does have an infection. She's got an extra inhaler and some pills. It was a busy day yesterday and my mother has already planned another busy week for me. This weekend I'm both thawing the freezer and deep cleaning the kitchen. All will have to be done in one day, since on Monday (my weekend is Sunday and Monday) my father wants me to join him in going to a supplier. The last time he was there they had some new items and he wanted to show me and then decide whether or not to stock them. After that we have to pick an order at another supplier and on the way back we're doing the weekly shopping. So we'll be gone for most of the day. I had planned on going to the big annual craft convention next week, but now I can't, both because I'm doing all the house keeping and because my mother can't help in the store if it gets busy. Just like last year.

She hasn't got any motivation to stop. Yesterday, the doctor told her again to stop smoking. I realize that after 50 years of smoking she can't quit cold turkey. But she has reduced her smoking by half and admitted that she doesn't miss it. She doesn't feel the need to go further. I don't think vaping will be an option; she thinks smoking cigarettes with a filter is already faking it.

Sometimes, when I'm totally honest I think her health problems (chronic bronchitis, arthritis and cataracts) are very convenient for her. She goes out twice a week; once to do the weekly shopping, she uses the trolley as a rollator. And on Saturdays to get her cigarettes, because she know my father and I won't buy those for her. The other shopping I do. I've also taken over various chores.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote