View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've seen one aftermarket cover for the Aura One that used a magnet to latch the cover in it's open position flush with the back cover. Unfortunately, the magnet was strong enough and located so that even when the front cover was opened, the back cover magnet could trigger the Hall sensor putting the KA1 back to sleep or preventing it from waking up. Some Mumetal foil between the KA1's back and the cover solved this issue at the cost of adding a few grams to the total weight (and a couple of adhesive bandages to my fingers).
Yeah ive had that happen before, but in his case it isnt going back to sleep , so that makes me think its not the magnets fault, but who knows could be interfering in some way.

Either way, the best way to definitely check if the cover is to blame, is to get a small magnet and move it close to the sensor until reader goes to sleep, and see if it behaves same without the cover.The sensor should be in the lower right corner(at least its there on my H2O).
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote