View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
It doesn't evoke a visceral response from me. I would probably never read such a thing, but I see it more in line with tribute albums where different bands cover the songs of an artist they admire. I don't want to listen to twelve crappy bands rape Beatles classics, but it doesn't piss me off when they do it.
David Bowie did one of the worst imo, he covered 'across the universe' on one of his albums. Truly terrible imo.

As for classic continued, I am not terribly bothered IF they get proven authors to do so. For example if a John Grisham series was finished with the assistance of a young action author who had demonstrated his talent with a coupe of his own books.

If they are shoddy version written by talentless hacks it would be a shame. Movies often churn out bad sequels in the name of making money, but I would like to think publishers and authors are a little more careful and only do so if it retains a high level of quality.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote