Thread: UMPC
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #12
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakolirisn View Post
what is your opinion for NOTEBOOK GIGABYTE U60 UMPC? Do you believe that would be suitable for pdf archives?
Let me reiterate what sweetpea said earlier, I'm not sure you will be happy with anything with a screen that small if you are reading PDF files.

You will have to make your own determination, based on your eyes and your documents ...

for me personally, small screens are fine with typical fiction books. I have even read on 3.5" screens and I currently enjoy a 6" screen. However, when it comes to pdf, I would probably insist on at least a 9" screen -- preferably 10".

If I wanted PDF's with annotation I would either: 1) Wait for the product selection to improve; or 2) Get a tablet PC. Of course, the problems with a tablet PC right now are: 1)Price, 2)Bulkiness, and 3) Battery life.

So maybe a UMPC would work fine for you, but if you are asking for my opinion I'd probably pass for now.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote