Thread: UMPC
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakolirisn View Post
.. .to buy a umpc in order to make anotations- highlighting-when i read.

Does anyone know if it is possible in a screen of 4,5 to read pdf archives, or it is better to choose a size of 7 inches?
No way, not recommended, unless maybe you wear bi-focal type glasses that have some way of not requiring your eye muscles to focus down too much. I have a 5" UMPC, don't wear glasses, and find reading full-page stuff to be tedious, if not painful. Plus your annotations will have to be written in equally small size.

Quote:
Could anyone suggest me an umpc that is suitable for me.
How about an 8.9" Fujitsu P1630, or earlier 1620/1610 models if you look used?

12.1" is great, but hardly a UMPC.

Quote:
I am not interesting about linux, because if i believe correct, doesn't support mobi archives.
I'm not sure how you will do inking in linux. It will never approach the Tablet capabilities of Windows (Tablet PC or Vista) in the time you have this Tablet. The most natural way of annotating PDFs is with the Windows-only PDF Annotator or a soon-to-be released Evernote/Foxit annotating program.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote