View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Btw, I am surprised too that they don't bundle the software with the iRex. The maker of MyScript is known to resell his app as OEM to other vendors. For instance, Logitech uses MyScript for its io2 Digital Pen. The pen costs around $150. Btw, I recommend you check out these user comments before you buy the software:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...212949?ie=UTF8

The handwriting recognition software is pretty bad, even with the latest update. I think if I were sitting at my desk printing perfectly all day long, then the software would work pretty well. But from my perspective, it fails the "real world" test. When I'm actually out and using the pen, the software doesn't have flexibility to deal with simple things that most people do as they write for longer periods -- angled text, letters with variable spacing, letters/numbers that look similar. You have to print very consistently and very precisely to get good recognition. Obviously handwriting recognition like this is a huge task and very difficult. The documentation that comes with the pen makes it clear how you need to write to make it work well -- unfortunately, the marketing information makes it sound like you can just go ahead and write away and it can handle anything, which is very misleading. FYI, the handwriting recognition software is made by a 3rd party, which means that Logitech offers basically zero support for it.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote