View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #891
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
KindleUnpack_v072y_test

Hi tkeo,

I would like to remove your conversion of Amazon metadata to epub3 as it seems wasteful to re-parse the metadata string we just created (and thereby eliminate taglist).

Instead, I would like to determine the epub version by looking in metadata and k8resc first to determine the target version, then properly building the correct metadata the very first time for that specific version.

That should make everything easier I think.

I have taken a shot at pre-determining the epub version when the opf object is created (if not already specified), only building the metadata once to meet the target version, removing the taglist and mobi_taglist.py completely and polishing up a few things so that epub3 should not at least work.

I think we are getting close to having a finished product once we remove the remaining redundancy in mobi_opf.py

Hopefully within another day or two we will have something to release.

Please see the attached KindleUnpack_v072y_test.zip and let me know what you think.

Take care,

KevinH
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleUnpack_v072y_test.zip (79.5 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by KevinH; 07-10-2014 at 06:08 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote