View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #7
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Right. The only thing I'd appreciate would be a 4:3 ratio instead of 16:10. I heard rumours of a Nexus 8... The Nexus 7 in landscape mode really lacks height to accomplish much of anything, I'm afraid, apart from watching full-screen videos or playing full-screen games.
I'm not sure what aspect ratio I would prefer. I think my limits are width: what I can hold comfortably and operate for a long time in one hand, and height: as tall as is comfortable to read. The N7 is a much better fit on width than the Nook, but I'm surprised to say at this point that the Nook may be tall enough. Going from an N7 to an N8 may be OK if the form factor is the same - it would probably still be narrower than the Nook - but weight is already an issue.

I always read in portrait mode. If you minimize the margins, two-column in landscape is feasible in theory @ abut 40-50 character wide columns, but I haven't gotten Moon+ to produce something satisfactory in practice. An N8 (or N10) would be a better display size for landscape use.

Landscape on the N7 is also nice for a two-panel file manager
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote