View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane1 View Post
I got to wonder if they purposefully broke this since the guys over in the development forum figured out how to Kobo-ize EPUBs to better showcase the merits of buying actual kEPUBs, or if the breakdown is due to something unrelated and wasn’t a targeted change?

Thanks for the early breakdown of changes in this new firmware.
From what I understood from the bits and pieces mentioned by beta testers on here, it seemed like [some of] the stats weren't reliably accurate so they decided to remove the display of them.

I really enjoyed the stats, but I haven't really missed them that much. The thing I miss the most is the bar graph of chapter lengths since it conveyed a lot of relevant information (chapter progress, relative chapter lengths, total book progress). It seems like something like that should be fairly reliable, so if anyone from Kobo sees this, I'd love for that to make a return, possibly for all books.

Other than that, though, I'm really very happy with the F/W. It's been rock solid for me and the Pocket integration has been done very well.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote