View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
studentoo
studentoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Recipe Request: Ganerate QR Code of article’s URL at the end.

Can somebody help me with creating reciep for Calibre which will be able to generate QR Code of article’s URL at the end?

I’m using Kindle to read many websites and creating QR codes is a functionality of the crofflr (http://www.crofflr.com) service. I find it very useful - when I want to go back to the original website eg comment an article or check something. I just use my Mobile Phone whith QR Code scanner. So I thought it would be great to create such recipe for Calibre.

Unfortunately my knowledge of Python is not enough. I have found few modules to generate QR Codes but my knowledge about programming is too limited to make it work.

Second step of this recipe would be a functionality which will allow to change embed video link in to QR Codes. In my opinion it would be great functionality to read some articles which have also Video links. Right now I have to go back to the original website to watch a video. With such functionality it would be almost instant – it will need to scan a QR Code with the mobile phone and instantly our browser in mobile phone would be redirect.

Can anybody help me whit this recipe?

Last edited by studentoo; 07-30-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Adding "Recipe Request" at the begining of the titlte
studentoo is offline   Reply With Quote