View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Do you know, if I click the "Download" button on Kobo and pull down the ACSM file, then double click it and open it in Adobe Digital Editions and send it to the Kobo from there, will it be the exact same version of the book I get if I download directly to my Kobo Reader over Wi-Fi?
Well, yes and no. The file you download using the .acsm file is an Adobe epub. The file you directly download is a Kobo kepub. The Kobo epubs use a double file extension of .kepub.epub to distinguish them from .epub files. The text inside the book is very likely the same but the renderer used to display kepubs is the ACCESS NetFront BookReader while the renderer used for .epubs is Adobe's Reader Mobile SDK. There are differences in how those two will display an ebook. I've seen epubs where I was happier with the formatting and kepubs where I was happier with the formatting.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote